Award show season and New York Fashion Week are the two biggest fashion and beauty inspirations for me and I have to say, at the Oscar’s this year I had SOOO many favorites! Beyonce and JLo topped my list per the usual, so I thought I’d give you a step by step on my take on JLo’s look! So below is my tutorial and listed beneath the photo set is the method and the products I used. It’s fun to play in makeup and I hope you put your own spin on this look and TAG me! <3
1. Prep your skin and then blend out your favorite foundation, shown here is my favorite Chanel Vitalumiere. Then using L.A. Girl’s Concealer draw fun tribal-esque lines under your eyes, between your brows, down the bridge of your nose, and under your chin (to conceal & highlight)
2. After blending that out, fill in any sparse areas in your brows, I’m using Anastacia’s blonde duo kit in dark brown with a firm slanted brush
3. Using Anastacia’s contour kit in light/medium, take a slanted contour brush and contour your face (think a backwards ‘3’ from your temple to your chin, and contour your nose too)
4. Load up a medium flat brush with the color Sonic from the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette and press the color in from lash line to crease creating a wash of this burgundy-pinky color
5. Take a fluffly crease brush, load it up with the color Alchemy from the same UD palette and brush that color into your crease, sweeping it out slightly for a baby cat eye effect
6. Line your upper lash line with your favorite black pencil and smudge it out a bit with a smudge pencil brush to again enhance that baby winged look
7. Take a slanted brush, dip it into that same Alchemy color and trace just along your lower lash line (since JLo didn’t use any liner on her water line, this enhanced her eyes without making them smaller, woot!)
8. Load up a fluffy blush brush with this beautiful and bright Stila blush and sweep them across the apples of your cheeks
9. Go back into that Anastasia Contour Kit and use the Fawn color to highlight your temples and bridge of nose and then use the Banana color to set the concealer under your eyes – it’s the perfect setting powder
10. Line your lips with this awesome buildable lip liner from Clinique which best matched my Patone Universe Marsala layering in Dusty Cedar
11. Take a pinky-nude gloss like the one I’m using here from Tom Ford in Tawny Pink and layer it over your liner and walaaa!
You are a glowy pinky-rose bombshell!!! I loved this look so much! I tied my hair back in a sleek ponytail and topped off the look with a pair of signature JLo hoop earrings and ta-daaaa! I’m totally channeling her in my final pose haha. I had a lot of fun interpretting this look and I’ll be doing it again later this week with a look from Beyonce that I’m obsessed with!
Video coming soon on this look over on my beauty channel and leave it in the comments below what your favorite looks from the Oscar’s were!
x’s and o’s- Jess