‘Tis the season for sharing your favorite recipes and sweet treats with the people you love, and today I’m sharing with you a very special series! I’m teaming up with Banhez Mezcal to bring you some holiday themed cocktails just in time for your next party or festive gathering.
Today’s installment, jovially named Santa’s Helper, is the first of three that will all be launching here this week. During the video where I make this drink live with you, you’ll hear me refer to the ‘Banhez ensemble’ and I say that because Mezcal is made from 100% agave, but this one is a blend of two, which creates a very mixable spirit, perfect for cocktails!
Before we jump into the recipe I want to tell you why I chose to partner with Banhez. They’re the only mezcal that is Farm Family (37 and growing) owned (co-operative in Oaxaca Mexico) and they believe that a strong foundation comes from a strong community. So closely related to my own brand ethos, community building and story sharing is so important to me. I love that they’re filled with heritage which is so often celebrated, and that honoring the land is such a huge part of the Banhez mission.
So to continue with this theme of gratitude and community, I’m hosting a giveaway with Banhez just for YOU! Today through the 21st you’ll be able to enter my Banhez Mezcal giveaway, right here just by commenting below! So I hope you follow along and enter each step of the way, you’ll have multiple chances to win and the prize is valued at over $250! Entry details are below, following the recipe <3
2 oz Banhez Ensemble
3/4 oz Cranberry syrup**
2 dashes Fee Brother’s Old Fashioned Bitters
- Orange zest
- Sprig of rosemary
Begin by preparing the Cranberry Syrup and then begin to build the yumminess!
1) To prepare the cranberry syrup simply put all the ingredients together in a Japanese stirring glass (or pint glass) and mix until smooth. Double strain solids through a sieve and bottle the remaining syrup in a mason jar or air tight container. If you’d like to make this recipe in bulk simply double or triple the recipe and it should last in your refrigerator for about two weeks.
2) Now for the cocktail part, in a large shake tin combine together the Banhez ensemble, cranberry syrup that you just made, and bitters over ice. Shake shake shake and then strain into a rocks glass with ice, garnish with orange zest and a rosemary sprig.
I truly hope you give this cocktail a taste and let me know what you think! Banhez Mezcal is best when enjoyed with friends as it’s made with the spirit of community, and is meant to be shared with yours. I’m so happy to support a brand that has so much heart and that’s where my excitement to share this series with you comes from.
As I mentioned before, I have two more holiday themed cocktails featuring Banhez coming your way this week so stay tuned and don’t forget to enter the GIVEAWAY below in the comments section! The lucky winner will receive this gift here, featuring a 1 Liter bottle of Banhez Mezcal and this entire beautiful cocktail creating set!So enter enter enter this is a good one!
I hope you know I love hearing from you all so you’ll have to tell me if you’ve tried Banhez Mezcal before. Is there a recipe I should make for myself and share with everyone? Sharing is caring, tell me all the things! Thank you for being a part of this series with me, to purchase Banhez Mezcal for yourself or as a gift (yay they’ll ship before Christmas if you order now!) you can order HERE! I chose to feature Banhez because it’s special to me as is my platform. Especially because they’re proudly Mexican, full of heart and heritage, made up of cocktails and artisanal dreams, and built by the spirit of community. What’s not to love, look at these smiles!
Giveaway Entry Rules:
– must be 21+ years old to enter
– winner will be selected at random
– enter as many times as you like, the more you enter, the more chances you have to win!
– an ‘entry’ is a comment on all 3 Banhez Mezcal cocktail articles here on the blog, here’s Epi 2 and Epi 3! Be sure to enter on ALL 3 blog articles!
– stumped on what comment to leave? Tell me a fun fact about yourself or what your plans are for the holidays! I love learning more about you guys!
– and drink responsibly as always please and thank you <3
, love Mama Lizama
Feel free to send this to a friend who would like to enter as well, the more the merrier! Tis the season of sharing so cheers to you and yours from me and mine <3
Interested in learning more about Banhez? I’ve linked you here:
BANHEZ IG: @banhezmezcalartesanal