I want to wish all the dad’s out there a very HAPPY FATHER’S DAY! For us, today we get to celebrate how incredible Joe is and what an amazing man and influence he is in Corrine’s life and in mine. Today we’re making him breakfast in bed and spending some quality time as a family and I can’t wait to share with you what we did today!
I hope you’re able to celebrate that special man in your life today and if you’re scrambling for some last minute gift ideas, here are my favorites!
1. Camping gear– if he’s an outdoors kind of man, he will love anything you gift him to use on his next camping adventure! There is always a need for more stuff whether it be a bigger tent, a portable kitchen, or hiking gear! Top it off with a note saying where you’re taking him on his next camping trip!
2. Fishing kit– when I was little my dad’s favorite thing to do was to go fishing! I think something you can get dad this holiday is some new fishing equipment and a mini kit for the kiddos so they can enjoy his favorite sport with him! My favorite thing was putting the bait on the hook for my dad, sounds gross but I felt like a warrior doing it lol
3. Grooming kit– whether he’s a burly man or enjoys a close shave, one of my go to’s is an all in one grooming kit. Dad will appreciate the upgraded razors, the nice smelling after shave, and even if he doesn’t admit it- he also likes the nifty bag that it all comes in!
4. Gin kit– wine, beer, spirits, whatever his choice of liquor is, dad will really appreciate his next sip of his favorite drink thanks to this home brewing kit! Home brewing kits are quickly becoming the next ‘it’ gift because they come in so many forms and flavors. Dad’s a hands on, mr fix it, guys’ guy and he can totally get down with brewing his own beverage!
5. IOU- you can’t go wrong with a special iou! Whether you write it out or get a fun coupon book that you and the kiddos fill out for him, giving him free passes to 1) not do the dishes tonight 2) a man cave time out or 3) a ‘family washes the car’ day, you’re sure to put a smile on his face when he reads all of the special things you and your family want to do for him to show your love and appreciation for the father that he is.
Father’s Day is a day to show dad how much you love him and how special he is to you and your family, and that doesn’t always necessarily have to be in gift form. Gifts are wonderful, but acts of love like family time, him time, and breakfast in bed, all make one of a kind gifts.
What are you doing for Father’s Day! I hope your weekend is beautiful and Happy Father’s Day!