Happy Birthday Earth!
Okay so it’s not actually Earth’s birthday today but I’ll say happy birthday Earth every day because, Animal Planet! And I love that today especially, we can be extra vocal about showing our support for environmental protection. Corrine is always challenging Joe and I to be more eco friendly, more environmentally conscious, and to use as many sustainable products as we can. One of the perks of having a smart and very self aware daughter is how she’ll educate you and make you just as aware, I love it <3
Some things we do around our home to ensure we’re contributing as much as we can to keeping our planet inhabitable are:
- sustainable reusable rounds – to remove makeup, to apply toner and other skin care products, a cute lil wash cloth for my face that takes place of disposable cotton rounds
- reusable diapers for lil Ace face – instead of disposable diapers we use reusable ones for him and even though they’re a pain in the ass to clean, it’s so worth it
- metal straws for home and collapsible straws for travel – these take the place of disposable straws at home and the collapsible straw is so convenient when you’re out and about and it’s compact and clean
- Silicone storage bags – takes the place of plastic sandwich and storage bags and I LOVE them!
- Swell reusable water bottle – by far the EASIEST thing we can all do is bring our own water bottle around and our own bags to the grocery store
- Bee’s wax reusable food wrap – takes the place of plastic wrap and I love that the warmth of your hands to shape the wax is what turns it into the ‘wrap’ that covers containers, seals leftovers, and keeps air out of your baked goods. My brother in law gifted me this for Christmas last year and it’s been a game changer
That’s the thing, one little thing you do, one small habit you change, contributes to the BIG picture. I swear watching Planet Earth and Animal Planet on Netflix has changed me, I’m really intrigued by our oceans too. So today and everyday I would love for us all to do our part to protect our home <3 It’ll help ensure that it flourishes for generations to come, for my baby’s babies and your baby’s babies!
What are some things you do to lower your carbon footprint, be more environmentally conscious, and eco friendly?