“I’m going to have to ask you to check your luggage.” Oh those dreaded words. When you travel you’re frazzled! You’re trying to take off your shoes without your feet touching the germy ground, while taking your lap top out of its case, WHILE making sure you eliminate any kind of jewelry or metal that would cause TSA to have to frisk you! Pro tip: travel as light as possible.
Corrine and I are traveling to NYC this week and we’re so excited to share with you our city adventures, our shopping finds, and what all the hub bub is about! The hub bub yes! So if you’ve been watching my videos *ahem I’ll wait here while you catch up* than you know that Tula is a company I’ve
been obsessed with supported since they were a start-up company who appeared on QVC.
Well we’re beyond happy to be joining them this week at their headquarters in New York, sitting down with Dr. Raj herself, and hosting the coolest Tula product giveaway you’ve ever seen! I have a few questions myself for Dr. Raj but I’d love to have some of your questions answered too, so be sure to leave them for us in the comments! So meeting the team behind one of the companies I’m so passionate about is such an exciting event and all I could think about was, “What am I going to PACK?”!
I know I know, you were thinking the exact same thing! Well have no fear lil grasshoppers today I’m going to share with you my top 15 must-have-at-all-times-no-matter-where-I-go- items!
1. Free People tote: this bag is perfect for traveling! It carries everything, I mean everything! It has two side pockets so that your phone and your card holder don’t get lost in the abyss, and it’s as deep as the Mary Poppins bag! To see my Mary Poppins take on hand bags click here!
2. Scentbird perfume atomizer: a lipstick atomizer that is travel friendly, you get a new designer fragrance each month, and it comes in the cutest packaging! You can try a new fragrance each day if you wanted! Hey a girl’s gotta have options!
3. Tula (for lyyyyfe) revitalizing eye cream: this eye cream goes on like butter, absorbs quickly, hydrates your delicate eye area like crazy, and smells like heaven.
4. Micheal Kors lipstick external charger: fashionable, totable, lipstick sized but larger than life-sized tech saver!
5. Micheal Kors wristlet: this jet set travel wristlet is large enough to accommodate your iPhone 6, your Samsung, and keeps your entire life close by – i.e. ID, credit cards, and cash.
6. Louis Vuitton agenda: this is the small agenda, 6 ring, and cutest ever life organizer you can get your hands on! I love that it’s small enough to be toted with me in any cross body bag and has slots for credit cards and ID.
7. Lanza portable hairspray: airport security has confiscated enough hairspray from me to support a Texan pageant. So now I carry with me a portable hairspray and this Lanza one smells increds!
8. Itssewann cosmetic pouches: these are handmade, laminate pouches, machine washable, convenient and come in a variety of sizes. Perfect for packing toiletries and spillable items! She also makes custom snack bags!
9. Shiseido Benefiance eye masks: whenever I travel I feel jet lagged even if it’s from LAX to SF! So I always pack eye masks so that upon my arrival to said scheduled event – I don’t look like I’ve just flown in from Egypt.
10. Caudalie hand and nail cream: whenever I travel I also feel like my skin gets SO dry. This is the perfect hand cream, it smells fresh, hydrates your hands, and conditions your cuticles. It’s always been a favorite of mine!
11. Karen Walker sunnies: love love love these! I have a thing for oversized sunglasses and these tortoise framed beauties were worth every penny! I feel so chic in them even if they’re all I have on my face – even sans the makeup!
12. Asos hand lotion in cucumber: I told you, my skin gets dry! This is my back-up go-to hand cream. Smells like a refreshing spritzer, small enough to carry in your back pocket, and won’t break the bank!
13. Canon vixia mini camera: my one and only. My most prized camera, fits in any bag, comes with me everywhere, and gets the entire room with its fish eye lens! If you’re just starting to video blog, or take any video in any capacity I highly suggest this one. It’s user-friendly, auto focus, auto everything.
14. Mpow blue tooth headphones: teeny tiny, no cords smacking you in the head, and they fold up to be a nice little hand-held accessory (perfect for the gym!).
15. Josie Maran argan oil: not only do my face and hands get dry while traveling but so does my hair! What do they put in those airplanes?! So I always carry an oil of some sort with me. I’ve recently been loving this argan oil, it’s great for your hair, skin, and nails!
And not numbered in the photo are the little trinkets that are still a part of my must have items, they’re just more commonly found. These ear plugs are everything. You can find them anywhere and they will actually allow. you. to. sleep. Hallelu!!!
Hand sanitizer is a must, especially for this germaphobe *raises both hands* so I make sure to always have with me a travel sized hand sanitizer and this one smells like a vacation.
And last but definitely not least is my lip balm. All 587 of them! Of the seven I usually carry with me, this Smith’s rose minted balm is one of my most coveted! It comes in a tube so you don’t have to stick your fingers into a tub *where are my fellow germaphobes at?* It’s silky, hydrating, and smells like a tropical breeze.
Whew! There you have it! My top 15 products, each of these things I actually carry with me in my carry on. Call me crazy or call me genius, but if you ever need a shoe shiner . . . I’m looking out!
Okay okay now on to the world’s coolest giveaway! Not only are we doing a tour of the Tula headquarters but 7 of you lucky lil honey bees are going to win some of these amazing Tula products! I’ve tried each and every one of them and I’m so excited for you have them too!
Pictured are the goodies you’ll be entering to win, the purifying face cleanser, revitalizing eye cream, illuminating face serum, hydrating day and night cream, advanced neck cream, and the exfoliating treatment mask! If I had to choose a favorite I wouldn’t be able to, they’re all so beneficial! I have a post on Tula explaining my deep love for their products here, and to enter to win one of these prizes simply leave me a comment below telling me where you’re from and what product you’d be most excited to receive! You can also TAG me on Twitter or Instagram sharing your answers with me over there and you’ll be entered to win that way too! I’ll announce the winners next Monday July 6th here on my blog and in a video!
Good luck, enjoy your week, have a happy and safe Independence Day! Let us know what your plans are and we’re so excited to share our week’s adventures with you all so stay tuned for all the happenings!