I’ve been a little jet setter these past few months with all of the holiday traveling, projects that’ve brought me on some adventures, and family getaways. I wanted to share with you a few of my travel essentials- whether I leave for 2 weeks or 2 days, I pack only ONE bag. I never check luggage, I know, crazy right?! Well here’s how I do it!
Airlines allow you one carry-on and one personal item on board without accruing any additional fees … usually. So in my ‘personal item’ there are some things that I pack to make my travels a bit more comfortable, each and every time.
I personally love utilizing a backpack to tote around my personal items instead of a big purse. With a big purse; the larger it is, the more I pack in it, the heavier it becomes, and then boom I can’t feel my arm. Soooo, in this backpack are the usual suspects that I pack each time, which include:
1. Lip Balm– because, dry and stagnant air while flying in airplanes
2. Facial hydrating mist– because, dry and stagnant air while flying in airplanes, and this one is the most refreshing and quickest absorbed
3. Hand lotion– I can’t get over how dry the air is when you fly, am I the only one? I mean my hair, my skin, my everything, feels so dehydrated. This one not only soothes dry skin, it also just so happens to smell like banana runts candy … swoon
4. Hand sanitizer– because I’m a bit of a germaphobe and traveling makes this hypochondriac over here all kinds of paranoid
5. Snackies– because I’ve been known to get hangry
6. Nuun vitamins– because I feel like we pick up so many germs when we travel and I don’t like being sick … yup hypochondriac thoughts in full force
7. Eye mask, ear plugs, and tissue– because, sleep. Sleep is nice and I’m a great napper!
8. Planner and pen- Some people conjure up their best ideas on the toilet or in the shower … I get the shower bit, I too think up some great things in the shower, weird I know. I also think up great ideas on planes. Also weird, but in those moments it’s nice to jot them all down!
In my carry-on I use the ‘roll method’ of packing clothing. I usually pack 1-2 pairs of shoes depending on the activities planned at said destination, a few leggings, various tops and tanks that can be mixed and matched, and something warm to layer-up with. If you aren’t one of those ‘plan out your outfits in advance’ kind of people, this method may not work for you. I challenge you to give this a go and let me know how it works for you! I also very Tetris-style, pack away the following must-have items for any trip I go on:
1. A cosmetic rollup for my toiletries- it keeps everything like shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, and morning hygiene items, organized and easily at my disposal. It also fits only the approved travel-sized products, and it rolls up to a nice and neat burrito of a bag.
2. Two makeup bags- this daintier makeup bag carries my ‘grab and go’ items like eye liner, mascara, and concealer (the things I can’t live without and will grab and pack no matter what size purse is with me). This larger makeup bag carries my bigger items like makeup brushes, foundation, perfume(s), and any bottled primers.
3. A ‘face-kit’ bag– I coined this bag with the term because it carries all of my morning and nightly skin care routine items. My face wash, toner, moisturizer, eye cream, SPF, oils, and serums. Hence, the whole ‘kit’ part of it. I need all of these things, I’ve convinced myself of this. This particular bag comes in different sizes and can be machine washed incase of any spills. Hallelu!
4. My technology- my vlog camera which is tiny enough to tote along anywhere, my chat light incase natural lighting fails me, an external charger, and a monkey tripod which can attach to just about anything, it’s a life saver!
These are just a few of my favorite things, the things I pack with me on
any every trip I go on. I wanted to share these particular items because they make the cut no matter how long, or short, my trip will be. I hope this will help you to pack more efficiently!
Let me know what your go-to items are whether they’re in your personal carry on or something you check with your luggage! We all fancy different things for different reasons, so share with me yours!
See you later this week with my current favorite metabolism-boosting smoothie recipe! Happy week to you!