With all of the pool side bronzing you’ll be doing, the ocean dips you’ll be taking, and the festivals you’ll be prancing around, today I’m sharing with you my must have summer hair and skincare products!
After a week in Palm Springs for my friend Miya’s annual birthday tradition at the Avalon Hotel and Bungalows, I really know what it feels like to crave hydration and replenishment. It was 110 degrees on our first pool side bronzing day ONE HUNDRED AND TEN DEGREES lol. One of the most relaxing and beautiful places to visit, here’s what I toted along with me so that I would remain dewy and moisturized.
- suncare protection – Coola is hands down one of my all time favorite sunscreens, for both my face and my body. It’s a mineral sun protectant and smells like damn heaven
- sweat and odor protection – I don’t know about you but even poolside I still swipe some odor protection under my arms because, 110 degree weather and bronzing . . . and sweating. I’ve raved about Native before but if you haven’t jumped on the natural deoderant band wagon, their Coconut Vanilla scent will make you take the leap, trust
- lip moisture – lets not forget about our pouts while we’re out there surfing the waves and sipping down those pina coladas. This Hanalei lip treatment is so rich and I love the light vanilla smell it has. It also doubles as a lip gloss because it’s so moisturizing that your lips will shine baby
- body butter – this Island Elixir by Farm House Fresh Organics is a shea body butter that smells like an island and feels like a vat of pure luxury
- hair leave in and smell goods – this Sea Salt spray by my girls over at Tone It Up is making a come back with this post becuase it’s THAT versitile. Create to foster body and movement in your hair, I also use it as a leave in for the pool/beach because it’s also hydrating to my hair. And if you haven’t guessed already, yup it smells just like a coconut
- hair leave in and wash outs – after a long day under the sun I condition my hair with this coconut oil deep conditioning protein pack. About once a week I’ll leave this treatment in my hair while I shave my legs in the shower and then rinse it out for the softest hair you’ve ever seen. Keepin’ that coconut theme going, this too smells like the ripest coconut in the middle of an island
I can’t get enough of these summer time hair and skincare products so I hope you try them out and let me know what you think. Also, I hope you like COCONUT! haha You can take the girl off the island but you can’t take the island out of the girl.
What are your favorite summer time hair and skincare products?!