Throughout every season change, every temperature rise and fall, there are some staple products that will always remain. I’ll swap out a few products depending on my skin’s dryness level and if it’s prone to breakouts during that time but usually – this is the deal.
Listing out step by step, product by product, my current morning skincare routine. PS don’t be intimidated, it only takes a few minutes PLUS there’s two things here that aren’t technically ‘skincare’ products but I can’t. live. without. them.
1. Cleanse! so so so important. Cleansed skin, closed pores, and ready for your skincare and makeup routines. Milled finely enough I can use it daily, it’s ultra gentle and I alternate between this product and that Tatcha
2. Exfoliate! This is a big one! The most important one if you ask me. No matter your skin type, exfoliating will help to slough off the dead surface skin, promote collagen production, and remove dirt and impurities. You want all those good oils to be produced, even for already oily skin so DON’T skip this step. I can feel this Tatcha enzyme powder working immediately and am currently obsessed with this particular physical form of exfoliation
3. Tone and Hydrate! the Hydrating Essence Toner by Algenist is my FAVORITE and then I personally alternate between A) Vitamin C, which is incredible for your skin; it neutralizes free radicals, prompts collagen production, it’s light, and it absorbs quickly! And B) Hyaluronic Acid serum- which is already a naturally occurring compound found in our skin and it will take your face to a whole other ‘dew level’ babes!
4. Protect! I like to use this Purlisse cream to seal the deal and my Coola SPF or Fre SPF (depending on my type of day), which doesn’t feel to heavy on my skin. This may be too thick for your skin type but the Coola and Fre on their own are pretty light and they’re non irritating. ***remember that the UV radiation from the sun is the #1 contributing factor to aging and skincare problems so protect your skin and your eyes
5. It’s all about the eyes! Speaking of your eyes, my second biggest tip is to NEVER EVER rub or pull on your eye area. Pat gently with your ring fingers, in towards your nose. Pat pat pat! The skin around our eyes is the thinnest of our entire face, hence we age there the quickest! I personally like to just use my moisturizer around my eye area but if you’re going to use a specific eye cream, this is a natural one with light reflecting elements, it’s creamy and ultra rich
6. Don’t forget your décolletage! Just like with your makeup, bring your skincare products down your neck and onto your décolletage…that fancy word for cleavage. I absolutely love this advanced neck cream from Tula, it’s rich without being greasy, and it glides on and stays put. My other go-to neck cream is from Bare Minerals, it’s just so good- I’m on my 2nd tub
7. Beauty from the inside out! You’ve heard me talk about collagen like I talk about chocolate. I love it! I love these marine collagen sachets from Proplenish! I add it to a cup of warm water and lemon in the morning and if I add collagen to my coffee Vital Proteins IS THE WAY TO GO. I love the unflavored one, but the Matcha with some coconut milk …. O M G <3
8. My most favorite part y’all, the invisible accessory! If you know me than you know I’m all about scents….like to an obsession. I mean, the measures I take to tote around about 5 different perfumes with me AT ALL TIMES, yikes. PS I must really love you to share one of my signature scents with you. My other go-to is Le Labo’s Santal 33 or Another 13. They’re so expensive though that my daily is this yummy Givenchy
9. and 10. aren’t pictured, but exfoliating and hydrating my lips is something I do at least twice a week. And then I apply this nice thick and creamy lip balm by Laneige which feels luxurious af
And there you have it! My morning skincare routine … and some essentials in my morning that aren’t necessarily ‘skincare’ products but they ARE ‘can’t live withouts’.
Does this sound pretty standard to your morning skincare routine? Does it sound like too many steps? What’s the ONE thing you must do before you rush out the door? Please say SPF 😉