Every city in the world may not be as hot as Los Angeles is right now but man oh man, have we been on a heat wave! Since you’re bound to go through a Summer season of your own I wanted to share with you my favorite summer recipes that are definite crowd pleasers.
So for your next girls day, catch up brunch, bbq, or BYOB- I’ve got you! These will take you no time at all and you probably already have the ingredients to get cookin’. Here’s a Summer ‘salad’ and two of the yummiest and easiest cocktails.
Disclaimer: if you know me than you already know this ‘salad’ is not an actual traditional leafy green ‘salad’. It’s one of my go-to summer salads though and one of my best girlfriends introduced me to it!
Lentil Salad- this is a cold salad
- one package of cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s
- one whole bruschetta tub- drained of juices
- chopped red onion and cucumbers
- chopped kale would be yummy here too with some sprinkles of vinaigrette but we were out
- salt & pepper
- mix all together, top with some fresh basil, enjoy with home made tortilla chips (like we did) or by itself, or even over a real traditional leafy salad 😉
Summer Spritzer – so refreshing!
- your favorite rose´ wine
- sparkling water (I used watermelon because yummm)
- whatever fresh fruit you like
- fill your glass 2/3 of the way with the wine and top with bubbly water and fruit
Homemade espresso martini frappe – slushy and perfect for hot days when all you wanna do is crunch on ice
- cold brew, iced coffee concentrate, or espresso shot
- whatever milk you like, I used almond coconut for creaminess
- 4-5 ice cubes
- drizzle of maple syrup
- Kahlua – I used a whole shot just because
- combine coffee, milk, ice, and maple syrup into a blender. Top with Kahlua and stir, garnish with espresso beans. ENJOY!
P.S. did you know today is National Tequila Day?! One of my favorite adult beverages has a whole day! For my fellow wine moms/people out there, this is for you. I’m concocting an entire recipe list for tequila don’t you worry!