Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I’m half Irish so this is my day to go around telling people that, whilst wearing green, dawning “Kiss Me I’m Irish” buttons, and consuming all things corned beef and green on this day! Oh and Irish jager bombs, must not forget those! So happy St. Patrick’s Day to you, cheers if you’re Irish, kiss kiss to you all, and today I give you the yummiest Irish Shepherd’s pie recipe. Paired with traditional Irish jagerbomb beverages but of course! I changed the name to Irish Guinness Genius because it has Guinness which is well genius duh.
So for the traditional St. Patrick’s Day festivities we made Shepherd’s Pie and had a few Irish Jagerbombs, but since we knew we’d be hardy-ing the night away, we started the weekend off with friends at Angeles National Forest.After hiking a good 6 miles and working up an appetite, we came home to make this scrumptious meal you see pictured above.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Saute the onion, celery, and carrots in the oil and then add in the ground beef and cook until browned
- Add in your thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and basil
- Then add in the butter and peas
- Stir in the Guinness beer and let this simmer for 5-7 minutes
- Remove from heat and spread the meat portion into a 13×9 pan and top it with the mashed potatoes
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the top is crispy to your liking and serve
- Add the Jameson and Bailey’s to a shot glass layering the Bailey’s on bottom
- Pour the Guinness into a pint glass only about 3/4 full and let it settle as you will dropping the shot glass in (very carefully of course)
- Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chugarooo!