Bali bound baby!!! In just a few hours we’ll be boarding a two part, nearly 24 hour long flight to Bali in celebration of our honeymoon! Two weeks of blissfulness and my face may just fall off from all the excessive smiling, also my hair may just fall out from all the stress. You know the drill, with packing and preparing to leave your home for a few weeks- the laundry, the cleaning, and did I mention the packing?
As you know, the air on an airplane is not the best for your skin and as you also know I really really care about skin care lol So I’ve packed some of my all time favorite skin soothing, healing, and hydrating products so that when we land, I may be tired but my skin will look rested, refreshed, and ready to party! I wanted to share with you here my travel skin care routine – for the long haul. It’s a long one so jot these down and lets do this!
Body care: first, I showered like it would be my last shower for a few days because it would be, and I splurged on the Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub. It’s super luxurious and will make your skin feel like silk. Just put it on your Christmas wish list 😀 Then I moisturized by mixing a bit of Shea Moisture Argan Oil with shea butter body lotion and guys my skin was pure satin I tell you.
Skincare: I can’t express enough how important clean, hydrated skin is for your every day routine yet alone your travel routine. The air at 30K+ feet is cold and doesn’t hold moisture so here’s to making sure that your skin does <3
- Ocean Cleansing Milk-Travel Size + Ocean Cleanser-Travel Size: one of my all time favorite brands, OSEA Malibu was the only skin care I packed because it’s organic, pure, and hydrating at its ultimate. They both cleanse your skin and leave it feeling hydrated without leaving behind any kind of residue. I couldn’t choose between the two so I packed them both! Pro-tip: you don’t need water with these, I simply rub a few pumps in between my fingertips and onto my face and then remove with a cotton round- super helpful when you don’t want to wash your face in the lavatory.
- Sea Vitamin Boost-Travel Size: the perfect toner after cleansing it’s full of antioxidants, refreshing and hydrating. I just spritz my face 3-5 times in a clockwise kind of motion and boom you’re misty.
- Hyaluronic Sea Serum: remember how I said you should move through your products from thinnest to thickest in formula … here we are 😀 This serum is everything, it protects and strengthens your skin’s moisture barrier for that dewy youthful glow! I pat a few pumps around my face and move on to my moisturizer.
- Atmosphere Protection Cream + Undaria Argan Oil: a staple in my skin care routine, I roll the argan oil around my palm and then mix in a few pumps of the cream for legit deep moisture. The upside to mixing these two products (and using any product from this line for that matter) is that your skin won’t feel greasy or heavy afterwards. They absorb into your skin quickly leaving only behind that velvety feeling.
- Undaria Algae Oil: I love to use this oil as an eye cream, lip moisturizer, and overall hydrating oil for any dryness I have i.e. cuticles and elbows! It’s smooth and full of antioxidants- also in my makeup bag at all times.
- Red Algae Mask: I packed this baby right here because my skin is prone to breakouts during travel and also gets finicky, so this mask is perfect. It’s purifying and non-drying yet perfect for blemishes and the tea tree oil smells refreshing and kicks up the cleansing properties.
- Lumion oxygen mist + Nano atomization facial mister: game changer! I’m such drama and if I can kick hydration up from a 10 to a 12 – you know I will! I fill the facial mister with the Lumion oxygen mist and use it throughout the day. The BEST for travel because it’s super refreshing and cooling. Also a must have for post workouts as it kills bacteria, hydrates, and illuminates! You’ll thank me for this one.
- Oil free protein remover and primer: for all my eyelash extension babes this one’s for you, with lash extensions you have to avoid oil based products. The way you care for them and also environmental elements (aka Bali humidity) have an effect on the lifetime of our expensive habit. This primer is awesome to remove oil throughout the day and cleanse your lashes of any makeup residue. I just dip a qtip into the primer and allow the opening to remove excess product and then swipe it along my lash line. I got my lashes done for the wedding … on through the honeymoon … and honestly I don’t know that I can live without them now!
I think it goes without saying that I will be packing snacks, lots and lots of snacks! For me, raw almonds, toasted coconut chips, chocolate, and oats-to- go are my favorites! They’re protein packed (chocolate is like a veggie in my book) and satiating enough to tie you over until the food cart comes around haha.
Ok babes, now that your skin is all silky, smooth, clean, and most importantly- hydrated, you’re ready for the long haul! Oh yes and drink water, lots and lots of water <333
What’s your go-to for travel skin care routine? Do you up the hydration? The exfoliation?
Coming up- packing body care products, my honeymoon hair care routine, and how to travel comfortably and cute-ly! 😀