I say hacks because with these products you won’t have to do much to look done up. So here we are, midway through our nearly 24 hour travel day to get to Bali and I’m happy to report that all things considered, my skin is looking refreshed and pretty normal … can’t say the same for my sleep schedule though! Here’s to hoping jet lag doesn’t kick my butt when we settle in. I had all the time in the world to draft this post for you where I share my top body care and hair care products for your next vacation! I’m all about convenience and versatility, the less I have to do with my appearance, the better. Oh and the smell, you know I’m all about how products smell 😉
- Nelson’s Beverly Hills surf spray– free of parabens and alcohol, this beach spray smells fresh and gives your locks some body and texture. The less I have to do with my hair on vacation the better, and this spray gives you that undone tousled beachy look without having to curl, set, toss, spray.
- Oribe dry texturing spray– for those days that I don’t feel like washing my hair (most days) but want it to feel and smell clean I use this spray. The surf spray I use as almost a spray on mousse after I’ve washed my hair, replacing styling. This Oribe is more for in between washes to refresh and give your hair tons of volume and tons of vavavoom smell goodness!
- Coola SPF 50 sport– light and silky smooth, this spf is my go-to! It’s absorbed quickly but still gives you that dewy youthful glow. And like everything else I listed here, smells so good! I don’t like fragrant skincare and this Coola is light and clean smelling like fresh cucumber water.
- Brazillian Crush body mist– I 100% care about how I smell 100% of the time and this body mist is so sultry and sexy- it’s vanilla but not too vanilla-y if you know what I’m saying. It smells like hot Havana nights I swear! I love this scent so much and it’s light enough to wear daily. And how do I pack it you may ask? In this awesome and super cute Scentbird atomizer! It’s sleek and just the right size to slip into your clutch and in this case, your carry on.
- Coola Body SPF 50– it’s all about the mango guava baby! My all time favorite scent, this spf is light and never gives your skin that heavy, greasy feeling a lot of SPFs do. Trust me, you’ll love this!
- Native all natural deodorant– my favorite scents are coconut vanilla and lavender rose! I never thought I’d be the person to say that going all natural with a deodorant was the way to go, but it is and here I am telling you to switch! It’s free of all the icky things you don’t want going into your body and won’t stop your body from doing the natural thing- which is to sweat and rid your body of toxins. You’ll sweat with this deodorant but you won’t smell. If you perspire heavily, you may want to apply a few times throughout the day but I stand behind this product and all it’s naturalness.
- Proplenish collagen powder– call me crazy but if I’m gonna age I’m gonna age at the slowest rate possibly and graceful as hell haha. So this is me ingesting collagen, straight up putting collagen powder in my tea every morning. I’ve been doing this on and off for the past few years- when I remember to purchase the to go sachets (I like the lemon flavored ones and I mix it into an early grey and chai tea) and I they make my skin look all plump and rejuvenated!
- Bliss hand cream: for all the times you’ll wash your hands at the airport and during flight (because germy) your hands will be thank you for the quench of hydration. It also smells citrusy which is refreshing for any long haul and isn’t thick and greasy. Do you see the trend here? lol
I love all things that smell like an island vacation, that’s hydrating without the heaviness, and
all mostly natural.
I hope this list helps you pack for your next vacation or trip and up next I’ll be sharing how I packed 2 weeks into a carry-on and backpack, AND how you can travel comfortably and still be cute!
What are your go-to body care/ hair styling tricks for travel?