Chia seeds, they’re in everything! Skin care, desserts, and yummy breakfast items so I thought today I’d share with you my easy and delicious home made chia seed pudding! And if you know me than you KNOW of course I added in chocolate 😉
Chia seeds are extremely rich in antioxidants and minerals, they’re a great source of essential fatty acids, aaaand I do love it as a bit of crunch in my shakes. This recipe is my recent go-to for breakfast on the road and it’s the perfect post-workout treat!
Big pros: low in sugar, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! Say wuuut! I also decided to toss in cocoa powder and raspberries to curb my sugar cravings, and makes it extra satiating. You can also add in sliced almonds or toasted walnuts… goin’ for that crunch factor again. And any time I can add chocolate, I will!
– 4 TBSP Chia seeds (I like the texture so more chia seeds doesn’t bother me)
– 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (have you tried the almond coconut milk combo?!)
– 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
– dash of cinnamon
– and if you like your pudding sweet you can use some stevia or honey but I omitted it for this recipe
– toasted walnuts, sliced almonds, or whatever nut you prefer…crunchy!
Combine the chia seeds with the almond milk, raspberries, cocoa powder, nuts, and cinnamon in a glass jar with a lid. Give it a good shake to combine the ingredients well and let it sit in the refrigerator over night. Tadaaa, enjoy!
This recipe made about two really big servings which is perfect for meal prepping. It’s filling, super healthy, and so simple to make. Try it out, let me know what you think, and TAG me with your creations!
Chia seed pudding… make it? Order it? Like it? Leave it?